Why shop Indie? When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- 1) Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- 2) Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- 3) More of your taxes are reinvested in your community--where they belong.
- 1) Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- 2) Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- 1) Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- 2) Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- 3) More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.